Wart Treatment In Fort Lauderdale
Best Wart Doctors In Fort Lauderdale
What are Warts?
Warts are benign skin growths that appear from the top layer or surface of the skin. Warts may be flesh-toned, or darker than your skin in appearance. Most often, they will have a bumpy, rough texture, but may also be flat and smooth.
Warts are a contagious condition and may be spread by physical contact with the wart from person to person.
Warts come in several different forms:
- Common Warts: Typically appear on fingers and back of the hands. These warts may grow in clusters and become painful and scaly if left untreated.
- Flat Warts: Smaller in size than common warts. Flat warts may appear anywhere on the body and usually grow in clusters.
- Genital Warts: Warts that spread by unprotected sexual contact. These warts are a strain of the Human Papillomavirus and are at risk for cancer if left untreated.
- Filiform Warts: These warts proliferate, and are usually seen on the fingers.
What Causes Warts?
Skin-to-skin contact with an individual with warts is one way they are contracted; however, human papillomavirus is the leading cause for warts. Anyone is susceptible to getting warts, especially those with weakened immune systems.
Your physician can tell if you have a wart with a visual diagnosis. Some warts disappear on their own, especially in children. Treatment will depend on patient age, wart type, and preference. Your treatment options may include:
- Laser treatments
- Electrosurgery and Curettage
- Topical medicated ointments
Schedule A Consultation
Galt Dermatology serves both men and women of all ages in the Fort Lauderdale area. Trust your skin health to our dedicated team and to our board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Villacorta. To schedule your initial consultation, please call our office at 954-463-5406 or schedule your appointment online.