Dear Patients and Families,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. As always, the health and safety of our patients and staff are of utmost importance to us. Infection control is a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
We will reopen on a limited basis, starting the week of May 18th. We will reevaluate in the coming weeks when we can open additional appointments.
You may see some changes during your next visit. These changes are to protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We have increased the time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have: a fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell, diarrhea, or have tested positive or been exposed to someone with Covid-19 within 2 weeks of your appointment time. You will also be screened upon your arrival. If experiencing symptoms, the appointment will be canceled and rescheduled to a later date.
- We are digitizing our patient forms. Once this is complete, you will receive instructions to complete the forms in your appointment email reminder. Please have these forms completed before your appointment.
Patient Flow Changes
- Please arrive wearing a mask or face covering. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE ONE FOR YOU GIVEN THE SHORTAGE OF PPE.
- All magazines have been removed from the waiting area. We still have our free WIFI that you can access on your personal device.
- When possible, you will bypass the waiting room and will enter directly to one of our sanitized exam rooms.
- Only patients with an appointment will be seen. All guests and family members will be asked to remain in the car. Patients that need assistance and minors can be accompanied by one adult/guardian/caretaker.
- If you feel more comfortable waiting in your car, please feel free to do so. Let us know when you arrive, and we will call you when we are ready for your appointment.
- All team members and both doctors will record their temperature and any symptoms before the start of each day and maintain social distancing when feasible.
- We have a hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We have ordered HEPA air filters, UV air filters, and handheld UV germicidal devices for the office.
- Surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day with a hospital-grade germicidal and viricidal cleanser.
We look forward to seeing you soon. We are happy to answer any questions about the steps we are taking to keep you and everyone safe in our practice. For appointments, please call 954-463-5406 or visit galtdermatology.com.
Thank you for being patient with us during this pandemic. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Babinski, Dr. Villacorta, and Team