Peter L. Babinski, MD, Ph.D.
Dr. Peter Babinski, known as Dr. B, is a practicing dermatologist in Fort Lauderdale, FL, for over 43 years. Dr. Babinski’s scope of practice includes diagnosing and treating medical conditions of the skin, hair, and nails, skin cancer, other skin growths and conditions, and sexually transmitted infections and AIDS skin conditions.
Dr. Peter Babinski received his Ph.D. in mycology from Rutgers University, interning at Columbia University in New York City and its sister hospital in New Jersey. He attended Boston University, where he received his medical degree. He became board trained at Boston University Medical Center, having been appointed Chief Resident in Dermatology for two years.
Dr. Peter Babinski: Public Health Advocate
- With a keen interest in public health, he wrote the Broward County Manual for Sexual Transmitted Diseases in 1982.
- He was one of the first physicians working with AIDS patients in the ‘80s.
- He maintained an AIDS outpatient clinic at Broward Health for over 20 years.
Volunteering and Giving Back
Dr. Babinski is an active member of our community, both personally and professionally. Some of his accomplishments, volunteerism, and teaching include:
- Volunteer physician at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.
- Guest lecturer at Nova University in Medicine.
- Consultant at Broward County Public Health Unit and speaker at public health forums.
- Due to his research, Dr. Peter Babinksi became a physician consultant for the 3-M company.
- A staff member at Broward Health Hospital, staff dermatologist at several county clinics in Fort Lauderdale, medical volunteer at Center 1.
- He has coordinated Free Annual Skin Cancer Exams for 15 years, in accord with the Cancer Center at Broward General Medical Center (now Broward Health Hospital).
Dr. Babinski’s other passions include the strong support of classical music, landscape design; gardening; mountain hiking; and long-time contributions to environmental protection since the 1960s. He served as the president of the Symphony of the Americas for seven years is continues to serve as an active member and volunteer.
Dr. Babinski was awarded the “Most Valuable Physician” award from Broward Health Medical Center in 2007.
“I am committed to sensitivity and compassion for each patient. I offer quality care for everyone!”
Dr. Babinski continues to practice dermatology in Fort Lauderdale in private practice with Dr. Miguel Villacorta and welcomes ALL patients!